Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

It was one year ago on May 11th that Ryan and I loaded up our 5 children and headed to Minneapolis to get on a plane that was headed to Ethiopia, Africa. We had really no idea what has ahead of us, but we did know one thing. There were two little boys in Africa that we could not wait to meet and we prayed with all our heart that the days ahead would include the Ethiopian court telling us that they are now our sons. In some ways it seems like just yesterday that we were loading up on that plane as a family of 7 and some days it seems like Buche and Burka have always been with us. And, it was one year ago today that we met Buche and Burka for the first time. One year ago today I was able to hold in my arms my twin boys.
The last year has been a year of change for our family. It has been a year of growing, stretching and a year of transformation. It's bittersweet as I think about the story that my sons' short little lives tell. The road to which I am able to call Buche and Burka my sons is out of deep loss as is any adoption story. I will never be able to put my mind around such deep loss amist the great joy that it is to call them my sons. Although I will never be able to comprehend some of the crazy things of this world, I do know this for sure ... I love my little boys with all my heart. They, as have all of my children taught me so much. And being a mom is one of the greatest gifts I have ever been given. I'm so thankful for each of my children!

No comments: