Here are some things that have been happening around our house...
* Buche has been announcing to us his name. He says his first, middle and last name. I love to hear his full name come from his mouth. After he say's his full name, he tells me all of his brothers and sisters full names and then mine and Ryan's. It's like he has decided in his heart that he is one of us. He is part of this family. It's a hard to explain the beautiful feeling that comes over me as I hear him include our last name when he tells me who what his name is.
* We've spent time ice skating on our lake. It is a blessing watching all 7 of my kiddos "play" together on the ice. B & B think it's quite amazing to walk on the lake.
* A big part of our heritage is Norwegian. My grandpa was born in Norway and came over as an young teenager. Part of this heritage is "Krumkake" at Christmas time. If you don't know that krumkake is - it is a waffle type Norwegian cookie. It's really, really yummy! This year, when the Krumkake came out our 9 year old wrinkled her nose and said ..."yuck ... Krumkake just doesn't sound good!". Now, I think it was only our family that was laughing
* We were able to celebrate Christmas with family ... grandparents, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins... I couldn't ask for more. I treasure time with family.
* B & B got a little leap frog "phone" for Christmas. They walk around the house with it telling us it their i pod. Guess that is what happens when you have an older brother and sister.
And, we forgot our camera at a Christmas celebration that we were at, or I'd have pictures to share with you ... oh well ... maybe later.
So today, as we close the year of 2011 I can not help but to be overflowing with Thankfulness! 2011 has been a year like none other has been. So many changes, so many blessings, so much stretching and hopefully growing has been done over this last year. It has been a year that seems like emotions have been all over the board! Bring on 2012... we're ready. Happy New Year, friends!