Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Sweet Father's Day 6.19.11

We are adjusting at our home.   Life is good.  I'm so glad that our family is all under one roof.  All of the kids are doing good.  Although I've been reminded that I am not as young as I once was, I love the sound of the word "mommy" with an African accent coming from the room next to mine.  I love the smile and the arms reaching to me as I walk in the room.

We arrived in Africa late Saturday night.  We woke up Sunday morning and went to go and see the boys.  It was a Father's Day that Ryan will never forget.  His heart was overjoyed to see our sons, and was missing our son and daughter's who were at home in the USA.

When we walked over to the room the boys were in we were amazed that the boys saw us and right away got their little shoes and came walking toward us.  I wasn't sure what to expect ... after all we had come about a month previous, told them we loved them, held and played with them every second we could and then left.  We left them with a photo album to look at not really having a clue if they understood that we were coming back - coming back to bring them home forever.  We spent our first day in Ethiopia simply playing with our new sons.




No comments: