Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Lord I give you my heart..."

It's a week full of memories of last year at this time at our house.

One year ago today, Ryan and I spent the day riding in a Land Rover along the Rift Valley on our way to the village of Bensa Ethiopia... a full day's drive south of the capital city Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.




We met many new people that day, including our driver... who spoke no English. 

The country was breath taking!


Absolutely beautiful!


A day that will be forever etched in our minds.


And in our hearts.

We picked our Social Worker in Awassa who traveled with us to Bensa.  We didn't know him before that day, but today I can say he is a forever friend.  As we sat in a little cement building in a village on the other side of the world from the place we call home with our new friend.  He pulled out his cell phone and played a song for us as we waiting for a special meeting to happen.

It was in English....

The words go like this...

"Lord I give you my heart, I give you my soul... I live for you alone.  Every breath that I take, every moment I'm awake Lord have your way in me."

The meeting we were waiting for was seemingly getting delayed.  It felt like it wasn't going to happen.  We were getting a bit stressed.  One of the other Ethiopian men who sat next to me spoke one word to me ...  it was  "BELIEVE".  

The world became a smaller place that day.  Jesus is indeed everywhere.  

Our meeting did happen.  We did end up waiting until the next day, but it happened.  It was amazing.  And, that day will forever be treasured in my heart ... and a piece of my heart was left in Bensa, Ethiopia forever.






No comments: