Friday, June 15, 2012

This momma's wish on Father's Day

It's Fathers Day weekend.  I've spent much of the last days thinking about Fathers Day.  One thing I know for sure is that I am incredibly thankful for my daddy.  I love him more than he could possibly understand.  And, better yet, I know without a doubt he loves me.  That's how it feels it's supposed to be. My daddy has always loved me unconditionally, which has shown me the love of my heavenly Father in so many ways.  I've spent much of my life thinking everyone knew the love of their earthly father. After all, his dad, as well as my mom's dad are/were amazing daddy's too.  I love my grandpa's and feel so very blessed to be able to reap in the heritage that they have handed down. I hope I make choices everyday to hand that heritage down to my kids. The love of a Dad is an awesome thing!

I love you, Dad!

Another thing I know is that I'm incredibly thankful that Ryan is the daddy to my kiddos.  Ryan, you are an amazing daddy and even though life seems crazy sometimes here in this house at times with kiddos ranging from toddlers to teens I know that when it is all said and done that you love your kids more than they probably can comprehend.  It's like a piece of your heart extended in each of them as they journey their way through life.  I'm so glad that they have you, a daddy that loves his Heavenly Father first to turn to as they grow, change and learn about what God has planned for each one of them here on earth.

I love you, Ryan.

But, here's the thing.  Not everyone knows that love of their daddy here on earth or of their heavenly Father.  That breaks my heart.  I've shared before about a little girl that I met while we were in Ethiopia.  She was waiting for her mommy and daddy to come and get her while we were there picking up our sons.  Actually, that was one year about right now.  Ryan and I spend last Father's day in Ethiopia with Burka and Buche.  We were there to bring home our sons.  It will be a Fathers day we never forget.

I've mentioned before that our boys were on our agencies waiting list.  Our boys were referred to a family before they were put on the waiting list.  That family felt that Burka and Buche were not their sons.  Doctors reports both from Ethiopian Doctors as well as the international adoption clinic we were visiting with said they were severely malnourished.  Their age was and still is in question.  On paper, they were 15 and 17 pound 4 year olds. Our oldest son was 10 1/2 pounds the day he was born and over 20 before at his first birthday.   A 15 or 17 pound four year old seemed crazy to me.   One doctor told us that it would be a "leap of faith" to accept them as our sons.

Well, we took that "leap of faith" and have been blessed more than I can possibly share with you that Burka and Buche are OUR SONS today. 




Why I share this with you on this Father's Day weekend???  That little girl that I shared about previously... she is still waiting.  One whole year after we met her, she is still waiting for her mommy and daddy to come and get her so that she too can experience the love of a family.  Along with this little girl, there are many other precious faces that I stare at when our agency sends out their "waiting children" list.  Yes, it might be a "leap of faith" to call these children on this waiting list your own.  But really, isn't it a "leap of faith" each time we add a child to our family no matter how the Lord blesses us with that precious life?

If you are feeling lead to learn more about any of this precious, precious kiddos waiting for a mommy and daddy send me a note.  I'd love to connect you with the people you need to be connected to so that you can learn more.  My heart longs to see each of these kids off of the "waiting list" and into the arms of their forever family.

No comments: