Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Drawn from Water Story


Here is a video that tells about Drawn From Water.  The people at Drawn from Water are doing amazing work in the tribes and their love for the children is so evident.  They are being a Father to the Fatherless.


"It Began with Bale" from Drawn From Water on Vimeo.



As I watch the faces of these children and think about the pain that comes with needing to be "rescued" my heart breaks for where our child is right now and what his or her family and friends are going through.  We know that the children living in the orphanage Drawn from Water are not available for adoption but we do know that our child is in a hard place like any child that lives in an orphanage rather than a home with their family.

This website http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rescue tells me the definition of rescue is "to free from confinement, danger or evil."  It goes on to tell synonyms for the word rescue. 

Deliver - implies the release usually of a person from confinement, temptation, slavery or suffering
Redeem - Implies releasing from bondage or penalties by giving what is demanded or necessary
Ransom - Specifically applies to buying out of captivity
Reclaim - Suggests a bringing back to a former state or condition of someone or something abandoned or debased
Save - May replace any of the foregoing terms; it may further imply a preserving or maintaining for usefulness or continued existence.

After reading that, I am reminded of how I have been rescued too. 

I'm so thankful that the Lord has delivered me and continues to redeem me from myself.  The Lord paid my ransom by sending HIS SON, Jesus Christ to die for me - for you.  I have been redeemed, reclaimed by Him. Thank you for saving me, Lord Jesus.  I am honored to be preserved for usefulness and pray that my continued existence will be for your Glory.

So, again today I entrust the Lord with my life and hand my children over to Him, including a precious little one that I only dream of right now and can not wait to hold.