Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thankful Heart

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever."  Psalm 30:11-12

I'm so thankful that God sees hurt and heals!  I've been reminded today of how God not only redeems, but turns wailing into dancing!  As I think about our little one in Ethiopia, I'm sure the the story includes wailing as all stories that include adoption do.  I'm so anxious to see how God turns that into dancing.

Today is my mom's birthday.  My dad's birthday was last month.  We usually try to make sure we have dinner together on these special occasions!  Tonight we doubled up and celebrated both Mom and Dad's birthday with Chicken Wild Rice Soup, homemade bread and Apple and Apple Raspberry Pie for desert.  


I remember as a little girl, about 8 years old I asked my Dad what I could bake for him.  He said, how about an apple pie.  My mom was always so patient and let me just dig in and cook and bake in her kitchen.  I called my grandma who was the "pie baker" in our family.  She talked me through and I was able to proudly present my dad with an apple pie that day.  It just reminds me of how much little girls long for approval of their daddies.  I'm so thankful that my Dad has always took such good care of my heart.

And my dear mom.  She is such encouragement to me.  She is (as we all are) wonderfully made.  She keeps life light with her humor and has been a better mom than I could have ever asked for.  I often hear what a neat mom I have from others.  I agree - she is an awesome mom and I am so thankful for her.  

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well"  Psalm 139:14

On another note ...
We got the certified copy of the document that we were waiting on back from the State today!  Yeah.  Now it is the authenticating process and our Dossier will be complete.  We are getting there!