Friday, April 29, 2011

From the Inside Out

In less than 2 weeks our family as we know it today will be leavin' on a jetplane.  Yikes!  We've been so busy around here that it wasn't until today that the reality set in - we have less than 2 weeks before we will get to meet two little boys that have already found a place in our hearts.  I believe those two little boys will forever change our family as we know it.

Here are some of my thoughts as we prepare to head off to Africa to meet the boys and go to court where we will be declared "legally" the parents of two little Ethiopian Princes.

I know Zachary forever changed our world when he was born.   The carefree life without a diaper bag was over (for many years to follow).  Our first baby was quite an adjustment.  The journey to meet him started with a nine plus month pregnancy and what felt like a forever labor (really only about 26 hours) and we got to hold him - a 10 lb 6 oz adorable chubby baby boy.  Then we went from one kiddo to two with the fast entry that Miss Amanda came into this world with.  I was prepared for another 26 hour labor but no, she was in a hurry and it only lasted about 5 hours.  Our third babe, Hannah made the parent to child ratio tip in favor of the kiddos.  After that it was history.  Zachary was thinking maybe baby number four would be a boy but was in love with Grace the minute he saw her.  Then comes Greta.  Being a fifth child, she just goes with the flow of our family.  She has been the "baby" of the family for 8 years now.  Soon, she will not be able to claim that title.  I can not image life without any of them!  The journey to these next two precious kiddos has been different than the rest - one that I would not trade for anything.  They have not grown in me since conception, but they have and will continue to change me from the inside out.





"Keep me safe, O God, I've run for dear life to you. I say to God, "Be my Lord!" Without you, nothing makes sense. And these God-chosen lives all around— what splendid friends they make! Don't just go shopping for a god. Gods are not for sale. I swear I'll never treat god-names like brand-names. My choice is you, God, first and only.  And now I find I'm your choice! You set me up with a house and yard.  And then you made me your heir! The wise counsel God gives when I'm awake is confirmed by my sleeping heart. Day and night I'll stick with God; I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go. I'm happy from the inside out, and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed.  You canceled my ticket to hell— that's not my destination! Now you've got my feet on the life path, all radiant from the shining of your face.  Ever since you took my hand, I'm on the right way." Psalm 16 (The Message)

No comments: