Friday, April 15, 2011

I went to school!

I went to school this week with a dear friend who is an ELL teacher.  She is an amazing teacher and has some awesome teachers she works with.  She teaches some beautiful, sweet students!  It's been a long time since I went to school, but it was such a blessing to be able to spend the day with my friend and see what she does.  It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I've found myself "checking things off my to-do list" as I think about the reality that soon our home will be filled with the joy and needs of toddlers again.

I spent the day with 2nd and 5th graders.  Along with learning what an onomatopoeia is, I had the honor of visiting with several boys and girls that have lived in Ethiopia.  Sweet, beautiful children that moved here and didn't speak any English and are now learning to read.  It was so fun to listen to them read.  One little girl read about an airplane in her book and told me all about how she remembers the flight from Africa to America - a flight I've been thinking about  a lot lately.

Thank you Carrie for letting me come to work with you for the day.  You are an amazing teacher in an awesome school.  Thank you for caring so much about children.  I thank God for crossing our path so many years ago.

 

No comments: