Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Forever I am Changed

Oh Happy Day, Happy Day
You washed my sins away
Oh Happy Day, Happy Day...

This Saturday, four of my dear friends threw a shower in honor of the twins.  They are amazing ladies and sweet friends.  They had the room decorated with beautiful traditional Ethiopian decorations.  We drank Ethiopian coffee and enjoyed delicious fruit and muffins.  And most of all I enjoyed the company of those that were there to celebrate the journey of bringing home our little boys.  It was a Happy Day!

As these ladies were planning the shower, they were also praying for our journey.  One of those prayers were that we would get a court date during the week before the shower.  God is so good - and I have already posted about how He answered that prayer. It's so neat find out later others were praying for the same thing we were and we didn't even know it!  So, coming off a week of still doing the "Happy Dance" in celebration of getting the news of a court date it was so fun to gather with friends and family to celebrate what God is doing in our lives.  As I visited with friends on Saturday morning I was overwhelmed with thankfulness to God who has blessed me with so many people in my life that simply love.  Words do not adequately describe how it feels to be surrounded by people who love and support our family.  I also received calls and notes from people who could not make it, but I know are there for me.  I am so blessed to have all of you in my life.

The ladies who put this shower on all have followed the ministry in Africa, Drawn from Water. We thought it would be a great way to share with children in Africa.  We asked that people would donate to Drawn from Water  in honor of the twins.  People were so generous - thank you!   The twins also received cute little outfits, cute little toys and beautiful baby books.  It was all so sweet.

Each of the ladies at my shower, and many ladies who were not at the shower on Saturday have been part of my life forever being changed.  Family and friends who have journeyed with our family on many stages of our lives and now are there with us as we bring home our two little boys.  Friends and family who have unconditionally loved us, prayed for us and pointed us to the Lord.  Forever I am changed by the love that has surrounded me - the people that Jesus has used to show me how He is the One that forever changes us.  Now that's a Happy Day!

I'll never be the same
Forever I am changed. 


No comments: