Tuesday, March 22, 2011

World Water Day

It's World Water Day today! Today, I am thankful for the water that comes out of our faucets - clean and ready for us to drink, wash clothes with, cook with, wash dishes with, take a shower under... along with the many ways that we use water.  Interestingly enough, today, our daughter Amanda woke us up letting Ryan and I know that NO water was coming out of the shower, or sink and the toilet would not flush.  Luckily, Ryan figured out a way for the kids to take a shower and get ready for school and the "well" people will get a call today and I'm sure they will come and fix the switch that is broke.  We will soon have a full supply of water again.  Until then, I will hold off on washing clothes but I can go to the fridge and get water to drink still.  I really can not image not having a clean water supply to be able to nourish our body with, let alone all the other things that we do with water.  Ryan and I often talk about how to go about "digging a well" in Ethiopia.  I'm praying that God will lead us in His direction as we are in Ethiopia to see the things He would like to use us for - and maybe that will include bringing clean water to a village that doesn't have any.

And, it's pouring water from the sky here today!  While we didn't have water coming out of the shower this morning, it sure is pounding against the windows in our living room.  While it is "raining down", I'm praying that the Holy Spirit is "reigning down" on many situations and circumstances today.  Life does feel overwhelming some days - I'm thankful that I have a God that I can go to and set all of those things at His feet.

One of those situations I'm praying about brings up the word Water again - Drawn from Water.  Drawn from Water has taken care of children rescued from Water - children that have been deemed mingi or cursed and some of them literally thrown in the river of water to drown to death.   You can click here to read their story. Drawn from Water is reporting many  "changes" and circumstances that are going on right now.  We are praying for all involved, especially the precious children that live in the orphanage and have had so many hard things happen already in their short time here on earth.  It is my prayer that not only will know they are loved here on earth, but that God is a never changing, steady God who loves them more than they could ever comprehend.

"He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."  Revelation 21:6

 Praying that many will drink in the "water of life" today.  

No comments: