Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King Jr.

Dreams.  As I listened to Mary Beth Chapman speak a few years ago she said we need to start "adopting God's dreams."  As I thought about what to name this blog that I started as we began the journey to bring home our sons I knew that was it!  Adopting God's Dreams.  Of course I have dreams ... for my life ...for my marriage ... for my children.  Really, don't we all?  Some will come true, some won't.  But, as I journey through this life it is my prayer that my family strives to adopt God's dreams ...  because I know they are far better than we can even imagine.

This is a picture of two of my son's hands.  So very, very thankful!


"I have a dream that one day little black boys and girls will be holding hands with little white boys and girls."  Martin Luther King Jr.

Here are some other quotes from Martin Luther King Jr. that made me think today...very powerful!  I have much to learn to live this out fully.

"I have decided to stick to love...Hate is too great a burden to bear." Martin Luther King Jr.

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude."  Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars"  Martin Luther King Jr.

"The time is always right to do that right thing."  Martin Luther King Jr.

"People fail to get along because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don't know each other; they don't know each other because they have not communicated with each other." Martin Luther King Jr.

"Now there is final reason I think that Jesus says, "Love your enemies."  It is this; that love has within it a redemptive power.  And there is a power there that eventually transforms individuals.  Just keep being friendly to that person.  Just keep loving them, and they can't stand it too long.  Oh, they react in many ways in the beginning.  They react with guilt feelings, and sometimes they'll hate you a little more at that transition period, but just keep loving them.  And by the power of your love they will break down under the load.  That's love, you see.  It is redemptive, and this is why Jesus says love.  There's something about love that builds up and is creative.  There is something about hate that tears down and is destructive.  So love your enemies.  (from "Loving Your Enemies")  Martin Luther King Jr. 





No comments: