We are soon off to Ethiopia to bring home our twins! I can't wait to share their sweet faces with you. We of course are very excited to go, it's what we have been waiting for! We also leave with a whole range of emotions. We know that we get to bring home the boys. We know that we get to travel hours to the boy's birthplace and visit with birth family. That brings up many emotions. We know that we get to walk the streets of Ethiopia again and see the amazing beauty and devastating poverty all at the same time. Guess we are just trying to prepare for the trip of a lifetime and a full range of emotions.
I am SOOO thankful for all of you who have been lifting us up in prayer this week ... and through this whole journey. Thank you!
I have a few prayer requests as we depart.
* please pray for Burka - we just received word that he has pneumonia. He is little. He is fragile. And my mommy's heart says he needs his mama. I'm so glad that we learned this on our way to Ethiopia and that we will be with him soon.
* please pray for both Burka and Buche's transition as they come home with us.
* please pray for peace for our family
* please pray for our five kids that we are leaving home. Each of them respond differently to us leaving. Please join me in praying for protection for them.
* please pray for my mom as she is healing from unexpected surgery this week.
* please pray for Ryan and I to grow together as we experience another trip to Ethiopia and that our eyes are open to see just what God wants us to see.
Thank you, friends!
"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21